Lead Technical Artist | Now Recruiting
DAM is seeking Lead Technical Artists who have experience working remotely.
- 100% Remote
- Permanent, Full-Time Employment
- Base + Benefits + Bonus
Additional DAM Insight
- 100% hands-on role for a Lead Technical Artist overseeing tools and pipeline development
- The opportunity to work on a new game, from inception to delivery
- Unlimited time off, plus the studio closes 3 weeks out of the year
- In operation since 2007, they’ve released games spanning across horror, action adventure, and have a new game in the works that’s tied to a major, licensed IP
- Studio Size = 125
Our Client is looking for a Lead Technical Artist to build and lead a team of technical artists for the various game IPs the studio works on. The role requires an experienced technically minded individual that has lead tech-art teams in the past. This person is adept at establishing pipelines and standards as well as identifying the strengths and weaknesses of their team. In addition to leading the team, the candidate will also create tools, shaders and scripts while adhering to schedules and project goals. This role is a team leader and will have great communication skills, written and oral. If this is you, then apply for this innovative game studio where you will help build visually compelling gameplay environments.
- Lead team members in areas of expertise; instill best practices
- Working with Producers and to estimate the duration of tech art tasks, and then enforcing deliverables and standards
- Propose solutions and optimize content for memory and performance concerns on PC and Consoles
- Develop and maintain art asset pipelines, and collaborate with the art team to optimize workflows, authoring new tools as necessary
- Be proactive and develop & implement new ideas/solutions to problems as they arise
- Advise on emerging graphics technology while assessing its usefulness within current pipeline and schedules
- Assist in various areas of game art production to help assure the timely delivery of the product
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a Technical Artist
- S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Art or a related field or equivalent experience
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience or 3 shipped titles with at least one as a Lead
- Solid understanding of artist workflows and toolsets
- Working knowledge of in C++ is preferred, along with Python/PySide and MEL
- Knowledge of 2d/3d art packages
- Familiar with UE4 blueprints or equivalent visual scripting
- Ability to write clean, maintainable and extensible code with attention to reusability
- Proactive and solution orientated
- Versatile, well-developed troubleshooting skills capable of quickly identifying and resolving art issues
- Strong leadership and communication skills, written and verbal
- A customer-first mentality
- A passion for games
Who is DAM? Top Video Game Recruiters in the United States.
DAM Agents are video game recruiters that place job seekers into roles that match their experience & job goals. Our motto is “building better teams that make better games.” To learn more about DAM, visit our about page. Or, to view other onsite and remote video game jobs, click here.
Frequently Asked Questions about Video Game Recruiting
How much does it cost to use DAM?
There is no cost to job seekers to use DAM’s services. The studios DAM supports are responsible for paying our fees; therefore, job seekers benefit from DAM’s insight and access to opportunities that will propel your games industry career free of charge.
Will I have a competitive advantage when using DAM video game recruiters on my job search?
Yes! With DAM’s help, you’ll gain better access and insight into compelling career opportunities within the games industry. DAM supports candidates by filtering out the noise and eliminating the uncertainty that makes looking for a new job so frustrating and discouraging. Building a relationship with DAM now can provide you with a long-term, no cost competitive advantage to improve your professional and financial situation.