Senior UI/UX Designer | Now Recruiting
DAM is seeking Senior UI/UX Designers who have experience working remotely and can work in American time zones.
- 100% Remote – North American time zones
- Permanent, Full-time Employment
- Base + Benefits + Equity
Additional DAM Insight
- Ground floor opportunity with a large, exercisable equity upside
- Raised Series B in early 2022 for a total of $30M in funding since inception
- Working on a Multiplatform, Competitive Auto Card Battler, starting PC & Mobile with a fast follow to console
- Opportunity to work on a Competitive Auto Card Battler designed by a professional Hearthstone Champion and Master Deck Builder
As a Senior UI/UX Designer you will be responsible for delivering design work in a high-scope, complex, and often ambiguous product area. You will be situated within our game design group, where you’ll work with game design creative leadership to set the design strategy and own design delivery encompassing multiple features, often spanning across channels and teams.
You will apply design thinking and take a broad approach to ensure experiential continuity across platforms and touch points. You’ll work from concept through development and collaborate with other UX designers, visual designers, product owners, and technologists to achieve your goals, and to continue to improve the player experience. Collaboration and communication will be key for this role, as you will become the point of contact for UI/UX.
As a User Experience Designer on the team, you will be trusted to design solutions that help players navigate all aspects of our game. You will work closely with Lead Designers, and your cross-discipline teams, to produce strong UX flows through interesting and intuitive control schemes and layouts.
- Lead UI/UX design across multiple workstreams, focusing on the interaction design and player flows
- Breakdown experiences thoughtfully for teams to be able to ship value incrementally (i.e., Minimum delightful experiences)
- Support high-level design in developing intuitive control schemes and UI/UX flows
- Build wireframes, interactive prototypes, and presentations as needed for proof of concept and implementation
- Clearly present and communicate data-informed design ideas, vision, and strategy through visual storytelling
- Be prepared to help implement prototypes (with engineering and UI support) to show proof of concept
- Collaborate across teams to design large-scale products for players
- Articulate design decisions and communicate your data-informed vision, design rationale and solutions to team members
- Deliver appropriate level of design artifacts for the team (e.g., strategy articulation and alignment frameworks, discovery/research results, journey maps, flows, wireframes, mockups and/or prototypes)
- Work with Design discipline leadership across the company to establish best-practices and quality standards, and champion user-centered design methodologies
- 5+ years of experience designing mobile experiences, products, and platforms as a UX or Interaction Designer
- Experience with Figma, as well as Adobe Creative Suite, Miro, or other industry design and prototyping tools
- Experience designing interfaces and interactions for mobile
- A minimum of 1 year experience working with game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- A minimum of a BA/BS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Interaction/ Interface Design, Communication Design, Graphic Design, or equivalent experience
- Expertise designing across iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Android for Developers/ Material Design and an understanding of each platform’s differences and trade-offs
- Experience with mobile design, interaction patterns, and hardware differences/ capabilities (e.g., Gyroscope events, performance tradeoffs)
- Broad or secondary UX skills outside your core specialty: interaction design, content strategy, user research, information architecture, visual design, UI animation etc.
- Experience with Unreal engine